Skip to main content

the cup half-full....

cup half-full
Six months now, sometimes it is difficult to see how fast time passes us by. Time to review, time to think what this is all about and to setup new projects.
Coming here was not an easy decision, but life changes and the change is always for good. It shows us new people, new places, new culture...and what's more important, "new us". Yes, we put ourselves to test. How far we can reach and how we face new challenges.
Most of us, when thinking about moving to the US, the picture is big cities, huge buildings and welfare everywhere. 
Turn all the way around, and that's exactly the reality of millions of people here. Workers with no rights, youth with no faith, rich with no compasion. Trash on the streets and homless close to empty houses....However, fighters living a life the didn't choose and they can't easily change. 
Our natural instict would say run and hide. But the same problem will raise anywhere we go, see my adoptive country, see my country of birth...they are not facing better moments, but they are indeed struggle to cope...running is not an option.
Everyday, I stand up thinking to fill that cup up, to face every challenge on my way and not to give up. I didn't give up, I am not giving up. 
This is my new me. The one that will receive the 30's stronger, smarter, bigger from inside-out...and everytime I see my life's not going right, I will turn left...Probably, Maya prophecy is not right in the sense that the times are ending, but they were right in the way that we are changing to a new era. I feel it, I am changing...in fact, evolving.
Fortunately, I have faith, and love tons of love, and peace inside of me. I'm gonna share it, I'm gonna turn that into actions that make me a better person, a better professional, and more me...
Achievements now and to come:
- Postgraduate degree
- Professional certifications
- Dance classes
- Traveling
- Volunteering/fundrising
- Working/freelancing
- Thoughts and love sharing

*********
Seis meses ya, a veces es difícil ver lo rápido que pasa el tiempo. Momento de revisar, momento de pensar de que va esto.
Venir aquí no fue una decisión fácil, pero la vida cambia y el cambio siempre es para bien. Nos muestra gente nueva, lugares nuevos, cultura nueva...y lo que es mas importante, "nuevos nosotros". Sí, nos ponemos a prueba. Cuan lejos podemos llegar y como hacemos frente a los retos.
La mayoría de nosotros, cuando piensa sobre mudarse a EEUU, la imagen es grandes ciudades, edificios enormes y riqueza por doquier.
Dale la vuelta, y eso es exactamente la realidad de millones de personas aquí. Trabajadores sin derechos, juventud sin esperanza, ricos sin compasión. Basura en las calles y sin-techo cerca de casas abandonadas...Sin embargo, luchadores que viven una vida que no eligieron y que no pueden cambiar tan fácil.
Nuestro instinto nos diría, corre y escóndete. Pero el mismo problema aparecería donde quiera que vayamos, fijaos en mi país adoptivo y en mi país de nacimiento...no están en sus mejores momentos, pero aun así luchan por salir adelante...correr no es una opción.
Cada día, me levanto pensando en llenar el vaso, hacer frente cada reto que me encuentre en mi camino y nunca tirar la toalla. No abandone, no abandono.
Esta es mi nueva yo. La que recibirá los 30 mas fuerte, mas inteligente, mas grande desde dentro...y cada vez que vea que mi vida no va bien, haré que vaya bien...Quiza los mayas se equivocaron en que era el final de los tiempos, pero acertaron en el sentido de que estamos cambiando de era. Lo siento, estoy cambiando...en realidad, evolucionando.
Afortunadamente, tengo esperanza, y amor,mucho amor,y paz en mi interior. Voy a compartirlo, voy a convertirlo en acciones que me hagan mejor persona, mejor profesional y mas yo...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Un viaje a mi interior: Up and Forward

Travel 2018 Mi sueño de descubrir el mundo creo que empezó cuando viajé a Ecuador con un proyecto universitario de la ONU. Antes de aquella experiencia en 2006, mi mayor ilusión era regresar, el sueño de casi todo emigrante. Regresar a su tierra y recuperar todo aquello que dejó. Pensaba entonces que regresaría para compartir fiestas familiares que me estaba perdiendo, ser la mejor amiga de mis primas y salir con mi hermana a hacer ejercicios todos los domingos antes de la misa. La experiencia en Ecuador aquel 2006 dejó en mi la semilla de descubrir aquellos lugares donde pudiera contribuir. Descubrir un lugar tiene mucho mayor significado para mi que visitar. Descubrir es otro nivel de conocer un lugar, es interactuar con su gente, vivir su cultura, es amar su riqueza. Descubrir un lugar para mi es crecer como persona, en mi camino de conocerme como mujer. Para mi cada nuevo kilometro de viaje es un mundo. A personas como yo "inmigrante, ecuatoriana, mujer" las probabilid

Ear Infection in adults

Ok, at my age I should not be having annual ear infections. But I do, and after a couple of times here are my #healthtips. The first time I had ear infection I was 34! never ever in my life I've had that. My sister used to be the one of infections. I was more quarterly-colds type of child. But since they are coming late, here are a few things you should consider when having an ear infection 1. You will have fever, and with that body-ache. 2. Your ear will hurt, terribly! The first night is the worst, forget about sleeping. 3. Medications work! I'm busy all the time, I consider myself a workaholic, and I love it! So being sick is not something I want, because I would not take "sick days". Consequently I need something that works, too many things to do, and too little time to not sleep well. Consider this BEFORE the infection: 1. Do not use cotton swabs! Please don't. I don't like to feel the water in my ear after a shower, and so I over use them. Until i

Home buying process, the real deal

One day you wake up and think "I'm gonna buy a house" And keep reasoning "it is time to use all the time and effort and savings in something more durable, a real investment". That one day for me meant almost two years of digging, reading, researching, saving and most importantly building my credit. Here's a summary of what I learned when I made a first try... Workshop - you'll need this in the future, make sure is HUD approved. It is a workshop that explains what you're about to start. I recommend this. It took me a few months, because I dedicated 8 minutes some days....I think it's intended to take you 8 hours. eHome America was the provider I chose, and I got a voucher for the free workshop from a non-profit that provides resources for new buyers. Counseling - After you complete the workshop, bring your certificate of completion and meet with a counselor. I chose to go to the same agency that gave me the voucher, because they already knew